Georgia Afton with Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly will discuss loneliness, how it impacts older adults specifically, how COVID-19 has further impacted those experiencing loneliness and ways that senior workers can help mitigate loneliness in our communities.
Join Online at the Link Below
By Phone: 872-240-3212
Access Code: 574-601-861
- To explore and define loneliness and isolation and their impact on older adult health and well-being
- To examine how we can identify loneliness among clients
- To incorporate studies and statistics that illustrate the significant role loneliness and isolation play in the quality of elder life
- To reflect on friendship as an antidote to loneliness and share ideas and solutions
We will consider
- Three State of Being: Solitude. Loneliness. Isolation.
- Isolation: A Circle of Loss
- The Societal Impact of Elder Loneliness and Isolation – Fact of Fiction?
- The COVID Factor
- Measurement. Causes. Solutions.
- An Isolation Assessment Tool
- The Power of Friendship